Saturday 9 August 2008

Inspirational Crafter: Lisa of Lilfishstudios

One of my very favourite Flickr contacts is Lisa of Lilfishstudios - I click on her new photos almost every time they show up in "recent photos from your contacts" and am impressed without fail every single time I do.

I got to know her work through my Crafting 365 group (she's on Day 191) and can always spot her images with their mix of felt she's made herself from old wool sweaters in warm rustic colours...
... leaves & wooden bowls as the perfect props...
... and more vintage buttons than I've ever seen:
If I ever decide to get married, one of her button bouquets (with mini bouquets for bridesmaids and matching buttonholes for the gents) would be at the very top of my wedding must haves list:Her work is always charming, always exquisitely detailed and always perfectly finished. Everything about these apples is delicious, but the the cream detailing in the middle makes them just amazing:
Her work in progress shots are fantastic, a gradual reveal of the final item as she crafts a little bit each day, and everything from work in progress to finished, packaged piece is always beautifully and evocatively photographed.

As if this all wasn't great enough her packaging is inspirational in its own right: it always suits her aesthetic, it always seems handmade with love and a great deal of care, and it adds that extra special cherry-on-the-top of awesomeness that makes me so glad I discovered her work.

4 comments:

Sheila said...

I can't agree with you more. Her attention to detail is amazing. From start to finish it all goes so well.

idyll hands said...

Ooooh - this has been one of my favorite shops for quite some time now.

What a great feature!

Karin said...

Wow, so many pretty things! Love the little hearts.
By the way, I've given you an award on my blog! Stop by and check it out when you have time ;)

Me, You and Magoo said...

I also see her photos in my contact photos everyday on flickr and I love her work too! Also, can't get over how many buttons she has in her home :)