Monday 7 January 2013

Sketches

I love working on my own projects, but it's always nice to be asked to submit tutorial ideas to be included books and magazines.

It's flattering to be asked, fun to work on the ideas, and awesome if the projects go ahead and I a) get paid to do something I enjoy (yay!) and b) get the thrill of seeing my work included a book, etc, and showing it to my mum (double yay!)

It can be a bit scary too though- especially the moment when you click "send" and email an editor a page of rough sketches (eek!)...


... plus it makes me rather a dull blogger cos you guys have to look at photos of pencils instead of actual crafty things. You forgive me though, right? :)

4 comments:

AnitaS said...

I think it is awesum as you can make your own projects.

CarlaK.be said...

You are forgiven !
;-)

Georgina Giles said...

That sounds very exciting and I love seeing sketches too, behind the scenes :)

Bugs and Fishes said...

Haha, thanks Carla! :)